SPi Awards 2019 Rules
1) To qualify to enter the competition, you must be over 18 years of age. The competition is open to both amateur and professional photographers.
2) By submitting an entry to this competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3) To enter the competition, you must submit your entries to the competition website, https://spiawards.com by 23:59 GMT on 30th June 2019. Entrants must also pay the £2 per photo entry fee(s) in order to be considered for the competition. There is no time limit on when the submitted images were taken.
4) There is no limit to the number of images that may be submitted.
5) Images may be captured using digital or film. All entries must be submitted digitally (scans from film, prints or negatives are acceptable) No watermarks/copyright/logos on images. Images that have won prizes in other competitions or that have been submitted in other competitions currently underway are acceptable. Once submitted your entry cannot be altered. Only submitted entries will be viewed by the judges.
6) All entrants agree that all photograph(s) submitted to the competition may be reproduced (with photographer copyright credit) and used to conduct and promote Street Photography International competitions. You hereby grant Street Photography International with a right to use submitted photographs in the framework of such promotional activities. This may include, but is not limited to: inclusion in a book of winning and commended images; display at exhibitions; display on a web browser for judging purposes; on the Street Photography International website and on the websites of sponsors and supporters; on social media used by Street Photography International, its sponsors and supporters. Copyright of the images will remain at all times with the photographer.
7) Only minor post production adjustments are permissible, as is minor cropping of the image. Submitted photos are to be in JPG format at 5MB or less.
8) All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrant will indemnify Street Photography International against any third party claims for any photographs submitted to the competition, in respect of any infringement caused.
9) The entrant must be the sole copyright owner of all photographs entered. The submitted photographs must adhere to the laws of the country in which they were taken. Further, the entrant must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
10) If for any reason the competition is unable to run as planned, due to technical failures, internet failures, computer viruses, or any cause beyond the control of the competition organisers, the organisers reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate, modify, or suspend the competition.
11) Entries will be judged by the members of Street Photography International Collective.
12) Prize winners will be informed within two weeks of the closing date of the competition. All finalists will be contacted and will then have seven days to supply a high-resolution file for exhibition. Failure to produce a high-resolution file within the requested time period will disqualify the finalist and their exhibition place and any other prizes will be forfeited and the judges shall be entitled to select another winner or finalist.
13) The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14) The prize is as specified in the competition information and no alternative will be offered.
15) By entering the competition, you agree that Street Photography International is permitted to receive and review your registration data. Participants agree that personal data including, but not limited to, name and email address may be collected, processed, stored and otherwise used for the purposes of conducting and administering this photo competition. The full name of each entrant whose work is selected as a winner or finalist will be published online.